Hey guys, Tech Geek? woaah, taragis! :-P heads up, you might be a Geek Dad someday. Here’s a witty infographic sharing the findings of a survey conducted late last year by Cisco.
Cisco/Linksys found a lot of interesting things about this generation of Geek Dads. Kids say their geek dad is cooler than other dads and they have a lot fun learning about technology from their dad. Check out the confessions of a Geek Dad:
- 70% of Geek Dads admits that their kids think they’re cool because they’re tech-savvy
- 87% of Geek Dads say that it makes them feel proud or humored.
- Tech savviness still comes with some trade-offs: 35% of Geek Dads say their partners get annoyed when they spend time alone playing with technology, yet 92% say their partners expect them to be the ones to maintain the home tech.
- One in five Geek Dads admits to using technology in secret to avoid being discovered by their wives.
- Redefining quality time with the kids: 71% of Geek Dads spend more time doing activities with their kids than their fathers did with them. And 72% are more excited about teaching kids how to use tech tools than traditional tools, like a hammer or power drill.
- Tech Tool School is always in session at home with nearly 80% saying they’re always one of the first of their friends to buy new tech products
So how about you dear geek friends? How’s your dad? Or how are you being a dad?
See the large copy: Cisco InfoGraphic