Geeks, for your easy connectivity and file sharing on the go, D-Link is gonna make it simple as it announces the newest member of its SharePortTM cloud family, the DIR-506L Pocket Cloud Router.
Measuring only 10.29cm by 7.98cm (fits in your pocket), this portable travel-friendly device allows users to share internet connections and files anytime, anywhere. It’s a compact device that provides functions of a router/access point/wireless repeater/Wi-Fi Hotspot and network storage drive. Another cool thing about is that, while on the road, you won’t even need a power outlet because of its chargeable battery and mini-USB power options.
And here’s how it works:
- The SharePort™Mobile app for iOS and Android™devices allows access for videos, music, photos and documents from the hard/flash drive connected to the router’s built-in USB port.
- In Router mode, it works like a mini wireless router to share your broadband Internet connection wirelessly up to 150Mbps. Cool!
- In Access Point Mode, it lets you create a private wireless network to connect wireless devices.
- In Wi-Fi Hotspot Mode, the DIR-506L lets you share Internet connection from a wireless hotspot.
- Repeater mode helps in extending an existing wireless network. Repeater mode and Wi-Fi Hotspot mode allow you to connect to any device via the Ethernet Port.
Watch out for the availability of this cool and internet-friendly gadget which is expected to be out in store this August.
You may also be interested in: