Game addicts, you can now play your favorite Android games in a specialized console with this new Project SHIELD by NVIDIA. Recently launched at the CES earlier this month, this Android device will let you experience HD Android games straight from the Google Play store as well as from your PC.
Project SHIELD is powered by NVIDIA Tegra 4, the world’s fastest mobile processor giving Tegra-enhanced HD Android games. It runs on Google’s latest version of Android Jelly Bean providing access to your favorite Android games and apps.
This portable gaming console comes with a 5-inch 720p retinal multi-touch display, a full-size console-grade game controller and a bass-reflex, tuned port audio system which all delivers excellent gaming experience. It also features 802.11n 2×2 MIMO game-speed Wi-Fi giving you the power to wirelessly access your PC games.
However, be guided with the following minimum system requirements for PC game streaming:
- GPU: NVIDIA Kepler-based GeForce GTX 650 (Desktop) or GTX 660M (Notebook) or higher
- CPU: Intel Core i5 or equivalent or higher
- System Memory: 4 GB or higher
- Software: GeForce Experience application and latest GeForce drivers
- OS: Windows 7 or higher
- Router: Router: 802.11a/g/n (Recommended: 802.11n Dual Band / MIMO Router)
How I wish this came first before PlayStation Vita, I would have bought this one instead. Well, let’s just wait while NVIDIA has yet to announce the Project SHIELD’s price and its release date.