iPad users, meet the latest version of the Apple’s iPad, the iPad Air. Officially launched today and labelled as the first major redesign of the company’s flagship tablet, the new iPad Air is 20% thinner from the previous and features a lighter weight of just a pound.
The new iPad Air comes with a 64-bit A7 processor and M7 motion coprocessor which is 8 times faster and has 72 times better graphics performance than the processor of the previous models.
The new tablet is equipped with a 5-megapixel iSight camera and FaceTime HD front-facing camera. Battery life can last for about 10 hours.
iPad Air highlights:
- 9.7-inch Retina display with a smaller bezel that’s 43 percent thinner
- 7.5mm thin, 20 percent thinner than outgoing model
- Lighter as well: 1 pound, down from 1.4 pounds
- M7 motion co-processor as well
- Up to 8x faster performance, 72x faster graphics performance
- 5 megapixel iSight, 1080p FaceTime camera. Dual mics
- 10-hour battery life
With a price tag starting at $499, the new iPad Air set to hit the stores this coming November 1st. You can choose from two color options: silver and white and space grey and black. You can also get a cellular version at $629.