ASUS Philippines has recently launched the ASUS RECO Classic Car Cam, a full-HD in-car digital video camera which can record high-quality full HD 1080p video and capture clear images. The device has a clip-on design and features built-in driver aids (available in selected territories) like lane departure and collision warning systems.
Powered by an Ambarella chipset with an Omnivision CMOS sensor, the ASUS RECO Classic Car Cam uses high-dynamic-range imaging (HDR) technology for clear recorded images in bright sunlight or dimly-lit environments. The ASUS RECO Classic Car Cam supports up to Full HD 1080p recording at 30 frames per second (FPS). It has an f/2.0 aperture, 140-degree wide-angle lens to capture views of the sides of the vehicle and the road ahead. Users can easily recognize license plates and traffic signs from the high-resolution, distortion-free recorded images.
The ASUS RECO Classic Car Cam also features a built-in three-axis G-sensor which triggers the emergency record function in the event of a collision, saving a minute-long video (30 seconds prior/after impact) and locking it down in a separate file. There is also a manual emergency record button, allowing the driver to save videos if he or she witnesses an accident. Users can save up to 10 emergency record clips without having to worry about recording over them.
At speeds above 60km/h, ASUS RECO Classic Car Cam has a Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) that displays onscreen warnings and audio alerts if the vehicle veers outside road lane markings; while the Forward Collision Warning System (FCWS) notifies a driver if he is following another car at distances less than 5 to 7m.
ASUS RECO Classic Car Cam Complete Specs
• Ambarella A7L Processor
• Omnivision CMOS sensor
• 2-inch LCD Display
• f/2.0 aperture, 140-degree wide-angle lens cameras
• Video/Picture formats: H.264/Jpeg/1920 x 1080 resolution at 30 frames per second/HDR 1920 x 1080 resolution at 30 frames per second/1280 x 720 resolution at 60 frames per second/1280 x 720 resolution at 30 frames per second
• MicroSD (G-sensor/GPS sensor
• up to a maximum of 64GB) storage
• Other features: Motion Sensor Recording, Auto Recording, Manual Emergency Recording, Lane Departure Warning System, Forward Collision Warning System
• Mini USB/Mini HDMI ports
• Color: Black
• Dimension: 53 x 20 x 78mm (LxWxH)
• Weight: 410g
Availability & Pricing
With a price tag of Php6,990.00 (SRP), ASUS RECO Classic Car Cam is now available in the Philippines with the following initial resellers: Dynaquest, PC Worx, and TCA branches.