The next Android version, could it really be an Android Oreo?
Google revealed that Android O will be “touching down” on August 21st at 2:40 PM ET in a livestreamed event from New York City.
Android Oreo isn’t a sure thing just yet, but there have seen several signs during Google IO that it’ll be named with the world’s favorite cookie. In recent update, the video file attached to a Google+ post announcing the newly announced Android O eclipse teaser for the August 21 event somehow revealed that Android O will be called Android Oreo, look:
Anyway, here are some of the top features that the new Android OS will offer:
- New notification channel, which offers the ability to have group notifications from apps
- Picture in Picture (PiP) it works like how videos minimize on YouTube app when we search for other videos while watching one.
- Adaptive icons allow better customization with the UI, Android O will let users create icons, which are displayed in different shapes on the screen.
- Background Usage Limits, reducing the background data usage and increasing battery life
- Better Audio and Connectivity, high-quality Bluetooth audio codecs – the LDAC codec, Android O’s AAudio technology, which is designed for apps that demand high-performance, low-latency audio.
- Faster boot time
- Smart text selection
- New Emojis