Apple announced (Nov 22, 2010) that iOS 4.2, the latest version of the world’s most advanced mobile operating system is available for download for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Here are some of its highlights:
- Brings over 100 new features from iOS 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 to iPad including Multitasking, Folders, Unified Inbox, Game Center, AirPlay and AirPrint
- The Find My iPhone (or iPad or iPod touch) feature is now free to use without a MobileMe subscription
- The ability to rent TV episodes directly to iPad
- AirPlay is a new feature for streaming music, video and photos wirelessly from iPad, iPhone and iPod touch to Apple TV
- Mail now features a Unified Inbox, fast inbox switching and a threaded message view
iPad users can now run their favorite apps and switch between them instantly, while preserving iPad’s legendary battery life. Users can organize their apps with drag-and-drop simplicity using Folders, and Mail now features a Unified Inbox, fast inbox switching and a threaded message view.
Game Center allows iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users to challenge and play friends or be matched automatically with new opponents, showcase their scores and achievements, and discover new games their friends are playing.
Other new features that iOS 4.2 brings to the iPad include: the ability to rent TV episodes directly to iPad using the iTunes App; ability to easily find and highlight specific words and phrases on web pages in Safar; enhanced enterprise support; industry-leading accessibility enhancements; and support for 25 additional languages.