Apple has launched the all-new iOS 7, featuring a heavily improved interface, new Control Center, transparent animations and more. iOS 7 will be available this fall (September) for the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, the iPad 2, iPad third and fourth generation, the iPad mini and the iPod touch fifth generation.
Here’s the iOS7 list of new features:
- iOS 7 has a new font, it is similar to Helvetica Neue Ultra. It’s very skinny, clean. It is the font used in the WWDC banner with “7”
- Signal bars are now replaced with five dots which are white and grey depending on how strong the signal is across a translucent background.
- Apple unlocked the lockscreen for the first time, Slide to Unlock is now translucent above the background image, with no more top and bottom bars.
- The rest of the home screen will have completely flat icons.
- The notifications panel isn’t laced with dark grey linen anymore, and has a very flat look now. There is a today view, that lets you see friends birthdays, upcoming invitations, calendar, stocks, and a quick look at tomorrow.
- New Weather app now comes with animated backgrounds reflecting the current weather. It shows thunder when a thunderstorm is forecast, for instance.
- Control Center is designed as a quick access panel for common settings
- Via Control center, you can adjust brightness, volume, and other settings including Wifi, Airplane mode, rotation lock, or Bluetooth.
- There’s also a flashlight, along with tabs for music, camera, and other quick-access apps.
- You can share contents with other people by simply tapping their name. No NFC required.
- Airdrop supports iPhone 5, iPad 4th gen, iPad Mini
AirDrop transfers are peer-to-peer so you can use it anywhere, without any network or set up required, and transfers are fully encrypted so your content is protected and private.”
New in Camera
- The Camera app lets you swipe between your various camera types, such as panorama or HDR.
- You can search based on date, and location, within the photos app.
- Apple has introduced photo filters (Think of Instagram)
- Users can share via AirDrop, iCloud photo-sharing, as well as shared Photo Streams.
- You can even share video with iCloud photo-sharing.
- Siri has a new voice. You can choose a male or female voice.
- Voices include languages like French, German, and more soon.
- User interface has also been upgraded, with a sound wave going along the bottom.
- Siri is now integrated with settings, you can now ask her to turn on bluetooth, or lower the screen brightness etc.
- You can now ask Siri to Tweet for you, do a Wikipedia and Bing Search
- You can now search for apps based on location.
- The App Store also automatically updates apps for you in the background now.
- Apple has finally introduced the much-anticipated iTunes Radio.
- If you lost your phone or stolen and tries to turn off Find My iPhone, they can no longer turn the device back on without your iCloud password.
- Users can also block messages and calls from other users.