Geeks and Apple fanatics, get ready with your Apple gadgets as the much-awaited iOS 7, the latest version of Apple’s mobile software is set to be launched today. It’s been a year since the launch of the iOS 6, so it’s about time to clean up your mobile devices and update your apps.
iOS 7 is the Apple’s latest or the 7th version of its operating system for mobile devices including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. As expected, this new operating system features a couple of improvements to its functionality and redesigned user interface. Specifically, iOS7 is compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPod Touch 5th Generation, iPad 2, iPad Retina and of course iPad mini.
Anytime today, you got to receive notification update from Apple and here are some of the new features and what to expect from the new iOS7:
- iOS 7 has a new font similar to Helvetica Neue Ultra
- Signal bars are now replaced with five white and grey dots over a translucent background
- Slide to Unlock is now translucent
- Home screen has completely flat icons
- A “today view” lets you see friends’ birthdays, upcoming invitations, calendar, stocks, and a quick look at tomorrow
- New Weather app comes with animated backgrounds reflecting current weather
- Control Center is a quick access panel for settings on brightness, volume, Wifi, Airplane mode, rotation lock, or Bluetooth
- A flashlight along with tabs for music, camera, and other quick-access apps
- Airdrop supports iPhone 5, iPad 4th gen, iPad Mini
- The Camera app lets you swipe between camera types, such as panorama or HDR
- You can share via AirDrop, iCloud photo-sharing, as well as shared Photo Streams.
- Siri has a new voice, you can choose a male or female voice with languages like French, German, and more
- You can now ask Siri to Tweet for you, do a Wikipedia and Bing Search
- The App Store also automatically updates apps for you in the background now
- Apple has introduced the much-anticipated iTunes Radio.
- If your phone is lost or stolen and tries to turn off Find My iPhone, the device can no longer be turned back on without the iCloud password
- Users can also block messages and calls from other users
Guys, before running the update, make it sure that you have enough space for the new operating system and also backup your device first either by saving it to iCloud or to your computer. It’s always safe to have backup just in case something goes wrong with the new operating system.