Cherry Mobile unveils its newest version of Flare, the Cherry Mobile Flare S2.
Successor of Flare S, this new device is a relatively much bigger at 4.5-inch and it boasts an 8 megapixel camera with Sony IMX179 image sensor. It is worth noting that Sony IMX179 image sensor is the same technology that powers the Google Nexus 5’s 8MP rear camera.
Flare S2 features an IPS LCD with on-cell touchscreen panel, thinner display images closer to the top layer, it has a better color reproduction and lower power consumption.
Though it has the same thickness (8.9 mm) with the original Flare S, Cherry Mobile official Facebook page dubbed Flare S2 as “Sexier the 2nd time around”. It has a price tag of Php 4,699.
Cherry Mobile Flare S2 Specs:
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- 4.5-inch IPS LCD (480×854 FWVGA), ~218ppi
- 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582M processor
- Mali-400 MP2 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal storage
- microSD support
- 8-megapixel BSI main camera, with autofocus and dual LED flash
- 2-megapixel front camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Dual SIM, with dual standby
- 3G, HSDPA
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 136 x 64.6 x 8.9mm
- 1800mAh battery