Gionee Elife S5.5 KitKat Update
Officially launched last month in the Philippines, the Gionee Elife S5.5 tagged as the world’s slimmest smartphone is now getting the Android 4.4 KitKat as a software update in many parts of the world including the Philippines. The update is sized at just over 800MB and will change the phone’s existing Android 4.2 to 4.4. Along with the KitKat OS update, some enhancements included are:
- New desktop layout with flatter look and better animations
- Added Du speed booster for faster performance
- New UI design of the Amigo Paper
- Upgraded Game Zone with new UI design
- Upgraded GioneeXender for optimised performance
- Redesigned notifications drawer
The Android 4.4 KitKat is available as a system software update for Elife S5.5 – you can get it OTA (Over-The-Air via phone’s Software Update app).
Currently priced at Php 21,999, Gionee Elife S5.5 sports 5-inch full HD Super AMOLED display boasting a 1920 x 1080 resolution. It is powered by MediaTek MT6592 SoC featuring an octa core 1.7 GHz Cortex A7 processor from ARM coupled with huge 2GB RAM. It comes with 16GB internal storage and supports USB OTG.
For complete specs and other details you can check our Gionee Elife S5.5 full review.