Just in time with the ASUS 20th Anniversary Celebration, the company has released its special limited 20th Anniversary Gold Edition GTX 980 graphics card featuring the latest NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 980 graphics-processing unit (GPU) clocked at 1431 MHz. ASUS also released special white editions of the graphics cards, the GTX 970 Turbo Series that features an innovative modern blower design for superior Scalable Link Interface (SLI) configurations.
Pioneer in the graphics card industry, ASUS highlights modern innovations for this exclusive edition of graphics card such as Memory Defroster, DirectCU cooling, 0dB fan technology, Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) technology with Super Alloy Power components, and the GPU Tweak system monitoring and tuning utility. It is innovations such as these that have made ASUS the worldwide leader in producing the fastest, coolest, and quietest graphics cards available.
Prior to this, ASUS has been creating graphics card that enhance the gaming and overclocking experience since 1996. In the succeeding years, ASUS further its innovations and made its milestone to include the following:
- first graphics card with a fan-enhanced heatsink for optimal cooling and stability established in 1998
- first graphics card with premium black PCB established in 2002
- first external graphics card — the XG Station released in 2007
- first Republic of Gamers (ROG) graphics card, the ROG Matrix EN9600/EN9800 GT released in 2008
- first direct-contact, GPU-to-copper-heat-pipe cooling solution established in 2010
- super alloy power components developed in 2011
- first hybrid air/liquid cooling solution on a graphics card, the ROG Poseidon established in 2013
- Strix Gaming Series advancing DirectCU technology with the addition of its innovative 0dB-fan technology established in 2014.
ASUS’ commitment to innovation, quality, and performance has built its strong reputation on graphics cards among consumers and journalists as well. Gamers and power users prefer ASUS graphics cards for their incredible performance. Per latest ranking earlier this year, ASUS is the best-selling and most award-winning graphics card brand, and is the most popular brand in 3DMark® benchmarking by users on the HWBot overclocking website.
- Graphics Engine NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 980 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 970
- Bus Standard PCI Express® 3.0 PCI Express® 3.0
- OpenGL OpenGL® 4.4 OpenGL 4.4
- Video Memory 4GB GDDR5 4GB GDDR5
- GPU Clock 1431MHz 1228MHz
- GPU Boost Clock – 1088MHz
- CUDA cores 2048 1664
- Memory Clock 7010MHz (GDDR5) 7010MHz
- Memory Interface 256-bit 256-bit
- DVI Output 1 x Native Dual-link DVI-I 1 x Native Dual-link DVI-I
- 1 x Native Dual-link DVI-D
- HDMI Output 1 x Native HDMI 2.0 1 x Native HDMI 2.0
- HDCP compliant Yes Yes
- DisplayPort 3 x Native DisplayPort 1.2 1 x Native DisplayPort 1.2
- Adapter/Cable Bundled 1x DVI to VGA Adapter –
- Software Bundled ASUS GPU Tweak & Driver ASUS GPU Tweak & Driver
The ASUS GTX 980 Gold Edition (PhP 38,300) and the GTX 970 Turbo Series (PhP 18,980) will be available in the Philippines in June 2015.