Samsung has sent out invites to an event on February 25 at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona to unveil the Samsung Galaxy S9.
Samsung Galaxy S9 will come in two models, the 5.77-inch Galaxy S9 and the 6.22-inch Galaxy S9+. It is said to feature water- and dust-resistant body, an iris scanner, a QHD+ (2960×1440) AMOLED edge-to-edge 18:9 aspect ratio Infinity display, AKG-tuned stereo speakers, a 8MP front sensor, a 3,200mAh battery, and a optically stabilized 12MP sensor with F1.5/F2.4 variable aperture and super slo-mo shooting modes. It’s also said to come with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 system-on-chip in some countries and the company’s Exynos chipset in others, it will also come equipped with 4GB/6GB of RAM with at least 64GB of internal storage.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Specs
- 5.8in / 6.2in QHD+ Super AMOLED curved display (570ppi / 529ppi)
- Android 8.0
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (US) / Samsung Exynos (UK)
- 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB / 64GB/128GB/256GB storage
- Cat 18 LTE support (1.2Gbps download speeds)
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 12MP Dual Pixel camera with OIS (f/1.5, f/2.4) / Vertical dual rear-facing camera
- Bixby AI assistant with dedicated button
- Wireless charging support
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- Built-in FM radio
- Updated DeX docking station
- 3200 mAh battery
The Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are also expected to come with faster wireless charging. With slimmer bezels, Samsung may ditch the 3.5mm headphone jack much like Apple and Google have in the past. The new series will reportedly be available for pre-orders starting February 26 and will start shipping on March 16.